The Aquatic Facility Operator (AFO) certification provides comprehensive and up-to-date training on operations, mechanical systems, water chemistry, disinfection, safety and much more. AFO certification will help you or your staff better understand the entire pool system and run all types of aquatic facilities safely, efficiently and confidently.
Why Become an AFO?
Learn from expert instructors and network with other professionals from the field.
- Join an elite group of more than 8,000 AFOs who have committed to advancing the field.
- Reduce your organization’s liability and take your career to the next level.
AFO candidates should be at least 18 years of age. There are no education or experience prerequisites for taking the AFO exam.
How to Become an AFO
To become an AFO, you must successfully pass the AFO exam. The AFO exam is 50 questions and covers four core competencies: water chemistry and disinfection, mechanical systems and operations, health, safety, and daily operations. The exam is an open-book exam, and AFO candidates must achieve a score of 78 percent or higher to pass. AFO certification is valid for five years.
Online Course and Online Exam
The AFO online course is two days of virtual training followed by the open book exam being administered on the third day by the approved NRPA instructor and proctor. As a bonus to WWA students, there will be a review session prior to the exam on the third day. Course attendees will gain practical knowledge from a highly qualified AFO instructor through live learning opportunities. Candidates who take the online course and exam will receive their results upon completion of the exam.
Tuesday, April 20, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Central time) - Day 1 with 30 minute lunch break
Wednesday, April 21, 2021
9:00 AM - 4:00 PM (Central time) - Day 2 with 30 minute lunch break
Thursday, April 22, 2021
9:00 AM - 1:00 PM (Central Time) Review & Exam
Registration fee includes standard shipping of AFO Manual & materials, access to the online learning platform and exam, and is non-refundable. For students outside of the USA additional shipping fees may apply.
- The AFO Virtual Course will be conducted through a Zoom meeting with the AFO Instructor.
- Chrome and Firefox are recommended to use because Internet Explorer will not work.
- The AFO Exam is computer-based and you will be required to be on a web-cam with the Instructor/Proctor while taking the exam. There is a 3-hour time limit, with 50 questions. It is open book, and student must receive 78% to pass . Results are provided at the end of testing.
Must register by April 12th to ensure receipt of materials prior to course. Limited spaces available.
Robert Bradley, AFOIT - Aquatic Consulting & Educational Services - Instructor info
SIGN IN TO REGISTER